Trash to treasure yard art is one of my favorite crafts.
This little guy is so cute and seems like a relatively easy project to put together.
Here are the materials used in the project:
- 1 medium vegetable, fruit or coffee can (head)
- 1 large can (torso)
- 2 medium cans (upper arms)
- 6 small vegetable or fruit cans (forearms & legs)
- 5 lids cut from cans (ears, nose, hands)
- 4 tomato paste cans (ankles, feet)
- 5 round bottle caps (eyes, buttons)
- 11 screws with bolt backings
- heavy gauge wire
- Epoxy glue or clear-drying caulk
Tools needed include drill, hole punch, hammer or mallet, metal cutters, “church key” can opener, duct tape, screwdriver.
Click here for instructions
The original instructions are no longer available, however, I will leave the information up in case the page becomes available again.
Some other pages that include instructions for a tin can man: